I am loving reading the work of Tosha Silver at the moment, it is deepening my concept of LOVE in the wider sense and how we are created with it as the essence of our souls.
Some people say I am too 'soft' or 'forgiving' or wear 'rose tinted specs when looking at life' but for me this is how we are called to be through God. ❤
If your belief is in 'the universe' or Law of Attraction, the same principle is the foundation - 'what you put out or have as your focus, is what you will receive back🙏
In today's world there can be a quickness to respond negatively, to look for the injustice, to be susceptible to selfishness and greed but there is also a growing awareness that we are on a path that does not appeal to most.
Day by day people are beginning to question how they live their lives, how they think about things, how they interact with other people and the world around them 🌏
But forgiving those who hurt, disappoint, let you down or betray you ISN'T always easy‼
Our human nature calls for retribution or justice but with that comes a whole load more negativity which in turn continues to drain you of your JOY ..
The following scriptures help to focus on staying in the positive state of love and kindness when our instinct is to rise up in anger 🙏
1) ‘Better…one with self-control than one who takes a city’ (Proverbs 16:32)
2) ‘A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offence’ (Proverbs 19:11)
3) ‘Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools’ (Ecclesiastes 7:9)
4) ‘Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness…God desires’ (James 1:19-20)
5) ‘Get rid of all bitterness, rage…anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you’ (Ephesians 4:31-32)
Anger and bitterness are like fire; when it’s kept under control, it can bring warmth and comfort. But when it’s out of control, it can destroy everything in its path.🔥🔥
What would the path be like if we all strived to love more, forgive more, be kind more ❓❓